Oregonians expect their college campuses to be places of genuine academic freedom and political inclusion. They expect faculty and administrators to encourage all reasonable viewpoints, not just those conforming to their own ideologies. They believe that higher education requires a diversity of ideas and viewpoints above all.
- University of Oregon’s last-place national ranking for political diversity on campus
- OAS President Bruce Gilley on Think Out Loud discusses viewpoint diversity on campus
- Growing Oregon faculty presence in the Heterodox Academy for viewpoint diversity
- Nicholas Kristof, “A Confession of Liberal Intolerance” (New York Times, 9 May 2016)
- Is Reed College the most intolerant liberal arts college in America?