Ways to Get Involved
- Lobby your institution to adopt the Chicago Principles of Academic Freedom
- Meet with department and program chairs to encourage viewpoint diversity in the classroom
- Invite politically excluded speakers to campus
- Challenge left-wing bias in the classroom
- Advocate for campus freedoms for all students
- Monitor faculty and graduate student unions for harms to student interests
- Challenge radical student groups that undermine campus freedoms
- Defend your rights with Foundation for Individual Rights in Education student guides
Members of the University of Oregon graduate student “union” go on strike in the middle of the teaching quarter in 2014. The group uses a communist red star as its symbol and refers to its members as “student workers”.
Reed College students bully other students to boycott classes in 2016 forcing them to conform to the ideology of the “black lives matter” movement.
University of Oregon students storm the stage and use intimidation to silence the university president from making his annual address in October 2017, claiming that they oppose “fascism”.