Oregonians expect their college campuses to be places of genuine academic freedom and political inclusion. They expect faculty and administrators to encourage all reasonable viewpoints, not just those conforming to their own ideologies. They believe that higher education requires a diversity of ideas and viewpoints above all.
- Oregon Campus Freedom Awards 2018-19: poster, press release
- “The Case for Freethinkers with Dr. Bruce Gilley,” NAS Curriculum Vitae podcast, January 2019
- “Mao Maoing the Right Deviationists in American Higher Education,” OAS President Dr. Bruce Gilley, NAS Regional Conference, January 2019
- “Oregon campuses need intellectual freedom” by Bruce Gilley, Oregonian, 8 July 2018.
- Rebuilding Individual Freedom and Political Pluralism in Higher Education in Oregon, OAS Policy Memo, June 2018.
- University of Oregon’s last-place national ranking for political diversity on campus
- OAS President Bruce Gilley on Think Out Loud discusses viewpoint diversity on campus
- Growing Oregon faculty presence in the Heterodox Academy and video shorts explaining and advocating campus viewpoint diversity
- Is Reed College the most intolerant liberal arts college in America?