Oregonians believe that everyone should be treated equally in higher education admissions and in faculty hiring and promotion decisions. Race or gender-based approaches violate fundamental American values of equality and individual character, discriminate against meritorious candidates, and have pernicious, unintended consequences for those advanced on the basis of their group identities.
- OAS member Dr. James Huffman, “How the Diversity Mission Has limited Free Expression on Campus”, Law & Liberty (May 2019)
- OAS Report: The Imposition of Diversity Statements on Faculty Hiring and Promotion at Oregon Universities. Related Essay: Diversity Oaths: Another Step Away From Honest Scholarship
- NAS journal review of book Mismatch: How Affirmative Action Hurts Students It’s Intended to Help, and Why Universities Won’t Admit It
- Journal of Economic Literature (2016) review of evidence on mismatch effects
- “Discriminating Toward Equality: Affirmative Action and the Diversity Charade” by Jennifer Gratz (2014)
- Video: Heather MacDonald on What is the University Diversity Scam?
- Sample letter to send to administrators and faculty about “diversity” hiring